Jump to main content



Photo with Text Overlay


  1. Community Reinvestment Act Notice
  2. CRA Public File
  3. Patriot Act Notice
  4. Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Notice
  5. Public Notice
  6. Foreclosure Alternatives


1. Community Reinvestment Act Notice

Under the Federal Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) evaluates our record of helping to meet the credit needs of this community, consistent with safe and sound operations. The OCC also takes this record into account when deciding on certain applications submitted by us.

Your involvement is encouraged.

You are entitled to certain information about our operations and our performance under the CRA, including, for example, information about our branches, such as their location and services provided at them; the public section of our most recent CRA Performance Evaluation, prepared by the OCC, and comments received from the public relating to our assessment area needs and opportunities, as well as our responses to those comments. You may review this information today by reviewing the public file which is available at www.bakerboyer.com.

You may also have access to the following additional information, which we will  make available to you after you make a request to us: (1) A map showing the assessment area containing a select branch, which is the area in which the OCC evaluates our CRA performance for that particular community; (2) branch addresses and associated branch facilities and hours in any assessment area; (3) a list of services we provide at those locations; (4) our most recent rating in the assessment area; and (5) copies of all written comments received by us that specifically relate to the needs and opportunities of a given assessment area, and any responses we have made to those comments. If we are operating under an approved strategic plan, you may also have access to a copy of the plan.

At least 30 days before the beginning of each quarter, the OCC publishes a nationwide list of the banks that are scheduled for CRA examinations in that quarter. This list is available from the Deputy Comptroller, 1050 17th Street, Suite 1500, Denver, CO 80265. You may send written comments regarding the needs and opportunities of any of the bank's assessment areas to Cherie Engebretson, CRA Officer, Baker Boyer National Bank, 7 West Main, Walla Walla, WA 99362, engebretc@bakerboyer.com, and Deputy Comptroller, 1050 17th Street, Suite 1500, Denver, CO 80265, CRACOMMENTS@OCC.TREAS.GOV . Your comments, together with any response by us, will be considered by the Comptroller in evaluating our CRA performance and may be made public.

You may ask to look at any comments received by the Deputy Comptroller. You may also request from the Deputy Comptroller an announcement of our applications covered by the CRA filed with the Comptroller. We are an affiliate of Baker Boyer Bancorp, a bank holding company. You may request from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, 101 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, an announcement of applications covered by CRA filed by bank holding companies.


2. 2021-2022 CRA Public File

Click here to download the document.


3. Patriot Act Notice

To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that on personal accounts identifies each person who opens an account. In addition, on legal entity accounts, we will require identification on beneficial owners and controlling person.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Any personal information obtained will be kept strictly confidential by the Bank.

4. Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Notice

The HMDA data about our residential mortgage lending are available online for review. The data shows geographic distribution of loans and applications; ethnicity, race, sex, age and income of applicants and borrowers; and information about loan approvals and denials.

HMDA data for many other financial institutions are also available online. For more information, visit the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s website (https://ffiec.cfpb.gov/data-publication/modified-lar/).


5. Public Notice

In accordance with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s rule and 12 CFR Part 18, “Disclosure of Financial and Other Information by National Banks,” the public is hereby notified of the availability of financial statements for Baker Boyer National Bank. The first copy of this annual disclosure statement may be obtained free of charge by calling (509) 525-2000 or (800) 234-7923 or by contacting Shareholder Relations at the following address:
Shareholder Relations
Baker Boyer Bank
7 W Main
PO Box 1796
Walla Walla, WA  99362-0353

6. Foreclosure Alternatives

As your local bank, we know that financial situations can change at any time. Often this can be a cause of missed payments, that can lead to foreclosure on your home. Please let us know if you are experiencing temporary or permanent financial difficulties. We want to work with you to find a mutually agreeable way to help you keep up with your mortgage payments and preserve your home.

Options that may be available and steps to take

Below is a list of some of the options for when you have received a notice of foreclosure and the steps to take for further pursuing these options. Contact us today to learn more about the following foreclosure alternatives.

  • Reinstate – Keep in mind that retirement plans will often allow a withdrawal in order to avoid foreclosure on your primary residence.
  • Refinance – Your loan must be current to qualify. Contact us to begin the application process.
  • Repayment Plan – You may qualify if you have experienced an involuntary reduction in pay or an increase in living expenses. A complete financial packet may be required depending on the degree of delinquency and repayment term.
  • Temporary Forbearance – You may qualify if you have experienced an involuntary reduction in pay or an increase in living expenses. You must show that you would be able to bring the loan current at the end of the plan. A complete financial packet may be required depending on the degree of delinquency and repayment term.
  • Pre-foreclosure Sale – This option will allow you to sell your property and pay off your mortgage loan to avoid foreclosure and damage to your credit rating even though your property may not be in an equity position.
  • Loan Modification – You may qualify if you have experienced an involuntary reduction in pay or an increase in living expenses. You may be able to refinance the debt and/or extend the term of your mortgage loan during a specified time frame. This would help you catch up by possibly reducing your payments to a more affordable level for a period of time. A complete financial packet will apply.
  • Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure – As a last resort you may be able to voluntarily ‘give back’ your property. This won’t save your house. You can qualify if: 1) you are in default and don’t qualify for any of the other options; 2) your attempts at selling the house were unsuccessful; 3) there are no other liens against the property.


Required Financial Documents

The following documents will be required in order to evaluate your financial situation completely. You will find it very helpful to have them available when speaking to a housing counselor.

  1. Completed Borrower Financial Information
  2. Copy of most recent tax return
  3. Proof of household income including monthly pay stubs, any rental income, unemployment, social security and/or disability benefits, child support or government assistance
  4. Outstanding medical bills
  5. Letter of hardship
  6. Depending on the situation and type of assistance we may be able to offer, further documentation may be required at a later date


Who to Contact With Questions

HUD Toll-free Telephone Number For Housing Counseling Agency
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers free home ownership counseling. To find out where the nearest counseling agent is in your area, contact 800-569-4287 or TDD 800-877-8339.