Yancey P. Winans Community Grant Guidelines
- Requests will be accepted through March 1st of each year. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Grants are made for special worthy charitable purposes which are exempt for tax purposes under Section 501 (c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Primary consideration will be given to summer programs for Walla Walla Valley children and young people.
- Secondary consideration will be given to other charitable purposes.
- Grants will be limited to a maximum of $5,000 per year. The grants will be forfeited if not used within the calendar year awarded (unless otherwise approved by the Trust Committee).
- Any grant recipient may apply for funding the same project in a subsequent year, but such grants will be considered on the same basis as any new application. Applicants should not rely on the Winans Trust for continued grants for projects which are considered perpetual.
- For requests to be considered, you must complete our application and submit required documentation. Failure to do so could result in your application being rejected.