Baker Boyer has detected and stopped several fraudulent attempts recently.
Please note that we will never contact you directly and ask for confidential information such as: your personal information, account numbers, or online banking login information (username, password, two-factor authentication code).
If you are ever unsure of the legitimacy of a call, please hang up and call us directly at (509)525-2000.
- We recommend to all our clients to invest in identity theft protection. US News recently came out with the "Best Identity Theft Protection Services of 2021". Read the article here.
- Protecting your financial information is one of our highest priorities. In addition to continually improving our processes and technology, we’d also like to share some steps you can take today to help improve your financial security online. Read the article here.
- The uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic has created more opportunities for scammers, hackers, robocallers, and other fraudsters. This article explains some of the risks and how to avoid them.
- Be watchful of potential scams attempting to exploit the uncertainty around COVID-19. Visit the FTC website to stay informed.
- The personal unemployment claims data of at least 1.4 million Washingtonians may have been stolen in a hack of software used by the state auditor’s office, raising fears of identity theft and fraud amid an already bleak pandemic downturn. This Seattle Times article from 2/2/21 explains the details.