The health and safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. We encourage you to take steps to protect yourself and others to avoid possible exposure and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Steps We've Taken
- Baker Boyer remains open, but we have temporarily closed branch lobbies and meeting rooms to the general public. We are working hard to ensure our clients will receive the same relationship experience—we have temporarily shifted much of that to digital means.
- We suggest a range of alternatives to in-person banking, including drive-thrus and ATMs, where available (view locations and hours).
- Call your Advisor or our Contact Center (509-525-2000) for options to access safe deposit boxes, sign paperwork, or set up a videoconference, if needed.
- Note: Due to overwhelming demand, Baker Boyer’s Consumer Loan Center is temporarily suspending the acceptance of new applications for home loans and lines of credit. Please check back for continued updates.
Local Resources and Actions
- Donate Personal Protective Equipment – The Walla Walla County Emergency Management Department just issued an appeal to the community for donations to help support front-line emergency and health care professionals.
- Walla Walla Public Schools – WWPS publishes regular articles and videos with information and resources for parents and students.
- Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) – Washington State Superintendent Chris Reykdal has begun a weekly video message series for educators, parents, students & seniors which can be viewed on YouTube or Facebook. For additional guidance and resources related to COVID-19 and public schools in Washington state, please visit https://k12.wa.us/covid-19.
- City of Walla Walla – See their COVID-19 and Walla Walla page for a great list of information and resources.
- Washington State Department of Health – created a page for the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak 2020 which includes information about symptoms, testing, resources, and county-by-county statistics related to COVID-19.
- Donate Blood – The American Red Cross is facing a critical blood supply shortage. They are taking extreme measures to ensure the safety of donors, staff, and volunteers. Find a local blood drive.
- Visit “Walla Walla Business LIVE Updates” – This new site has updates on options for takeout, pick-up, drive-thru, delivery, shops, stores, wines and brews, community, churches, and more. Compiled by the Walla Walla Downtown Foundation and Discover Walla Walla. #WallaWallaWILL
- The Walla Walla Senior Center is offering curbside pick-up meals. Visit their web site for more details.
Helpful COVID-19 Links from Trusted Sources
- Take a look at this video from Vox that uses animated infographics and up-to-date statistics to detail the COVID-19 outbreak.
- This interactive article from the Washington Post illustrates why outbreaks like Coronavirus spread exponentially and how to "flatten the curve."
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is providing disaster assistance for small businesses impacted by Coronavirus.
- This short video demonstrates the power of Social Distancing in pandemic situations.
- CDC Travel Guidelines
- The New England Journal of Medicine offers a collection of articles and other resources on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including clinical reports, management guidelines, and commentary.
- The World Health Organization offers up-to-date articles on COVID-19.
- US State Dept. Travel Advisories
- Be watchful of potential scams attempting to exploit the uncertainty around COVID-19. Visit the FTC website to stay informed.
- The FDIC has created a helpful FAQ resource.