The health and safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. We encourage you to take steps to protect yourself and others to avoid possible exposure and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Baker Boyer's Response & Resources:
- With our lobbies temporarily closed, we suggest a range of alternatives to in-person banking, including drive-thrus and ATMs, where available (view locations and hours). You can also call your Advisor or our Contact Center (509-525-2000) for options to access safe deposit boxes, sign paperwork, or set up a videoconference if needed.
Financial Intelligence: Keep up to date on articles and videos that deliver financial insights and information relevant to COVID-19.
In the News: See what Baker Boyer's experts have to say in news publications featured throughout the United States.
Announcements & Events: Check our Announcements & Events page to keep informed and up to date on any changes in operations Baker Boyer has issued.
- Watch an informative conversation between Dr. William Foege, former head of the CDC, and Dr. Tony Billingsley, Chief of Staff at St. Mary's in Walla Walla - moderated by Baker Boyer VP, Anne Sumner.
- Complimentary Meals for First Responders and Frontline Workers - Starting April 22, Baker Boyer is helping to provide complimentary meals from local restaurants to first responders and frontline healthcare workers.
Local Resources and Actions
- Walla Walla County Department of Community Health – their website and Facebook page offer the very latest data and guidance from our County public health officials. They also just published a must-watch video offering thanks and encouragement as we come together to work through this challenging time. #WallaWallaWell #FlattenTheCurve
- Walla Walla Public Schools – WWPS publishes regular articles and videos with information and resources for parents and students.
- Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) – Washington State Superintendent Chris Reykdal has begun a weekly video message series for educators, parents, students & seniors which can be viewed on YouTube or Facebook. For additional guidance and resources related to COVID-19 and public schools in Washington state, please visit https://www.k12.wa.us/covid-19.
- City of Walla Walla – See their COVID-19 and Walla Walla page for a great list of information and resources.
- Washington State Department of Health – created a page for the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak 2020 which includes information about symptoms, testing, resources, and county-by-county statistics related to COVID-19.
- Donate Blood – The American Red Cross is facing a critical blood supply shortage. They are taking extreme measures to ensure the safety of donors, staff, and volunteers. Find a local blood drive.
- Visit “Walla Walla Business LIVE Updates” – This new site has updates on options for takeout, pick-up, drive-thru, delivery, shops, stores, wines and brews, community, churches, and more. Compiled by the Walla Walla Downtown Foundation and Discover Walla Walla. #WallaWallaWILL
- The Walla Walla Senior Center is offering curbside pick-up meals. Visit their web site for more details.
Helpful COVID-19 Links from Trusted Sources
- NEW: Governor Inslee is offering a new Working Washington Small Business Emergency Grant program to assist small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The New England Journal of Medicine offers a collection of articles and other resources on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including clinical reports, management guidelines, and commentary.
- This interactive article from the Washington Post illustrates why outbreaks like Coronavirus spread exponentially and how to "flatten the curve."
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is providing disaster assistance for small businesses impacted by Coronavirus.
- This short video demonstrates the power of Social Distancing in pandemic situations.
- CDC Travel Guidelines
- US State Dept. Travel Advisories
- Be watchful of potential scams attempting to exploit the uncertainty around COVID-19. Visit the FTC website to stay informed.
On a Lighter Note
Like many of you, we at Baker Boyer have shifted to mostly working from home. We thought we'd share a few of the fun & inspirational online resources that we have discovered:
- Some Good News (SGN): We think John Krasinski's new weekly YouTube series is one of the best things online!
- The Tonight Show: At Home Edition: Jimmy Fallon -- with help from his kids -- has reinvented his show in his unique "at home" way.
- Museum Virtual Tours: Travel + Leisure Magazine compiled a list of 12 museums that offer a virtual tour experience.
- K-12 online classes and activities: C|Net has compiled one of the best lists we've found for online classes and activities you can explore with your favorite students while schools remain closed.